10/12/05

poetry

i'm in a i don't have much to say phase. life is funny. harder to arrange than i want it to be. here are some poems you can read if you feel like it. i do. Rumi. sufi poet, whirling dervish. drunken dancer. i can relate to the last bit at least.


pale sunlight
pale the wall
love moves away
the light changes
I need more grace, than I thought

...........


gone inner & outer, no moon, no ground or sky.
don’t hand me another glass of wine.
pour it in my mouth.
I’ve lost the way to my mouth.

...........

when water gets caught in habitual whirlpools
dig a way out through the bottom
to the ocean. there is a secret medicine given only to those who hurt so hard they can’t hope.
the hopers would feel slighted if they knew.
look as long as you can at the friend you love,
no matter whether that friend is moving away from you
or coming back toward you.

...........

why live some soberer way & feel you ebbing out.
I won’t do it
either give me enough wine or leave me alone
now that I know how it is to be with you in a constant conversation

...........

1 comment:

Djali said...

Dear Dell,

Delightful.


From,

Djali.

PS: Psst! Be very careful with this guy, I think his 'busniess' information is could be dodgy.

PPS: please don't judge me by my blog (assuming of course that you feel you absolutely must go to it), it's a dumb blob of a blog. I haven't really started it yet anyway and then I got cranky the other day and started splashing out at people.