7/8/16

Kate Zambreno Heroines

I am so bad at this I know, but I have decided to just post notes from books I am reading, as there are so many, and I want to try to keep track a little. This seemed an appropriate one to start with. Also, read this.

I am beginning to realize that taking the self out of our essays is a form of repression. Taking the self out feels like obeying a gag order – pretending an objectivity where there is nothing objective about the experience of confronting and engaging with and swooning over literature. The comments on Frances Farmer is My Sister and allied blogs that have built sometimes to this glorious other text, this communion, this conversation, this casual liquidness, the superlative nature, that is generative and affirming as opposed to dismissive, that uses our own language instead of theirs.

p 281 Kate Zambreno Heroines



No comments: