2/29/08

hello dreamer

We went and saw Bob Dylan last night, 'I'm not there'... I loved it...
Sleeping is for Dreamers!

We walked through Teirgarten to the bright shiny beacon of Potsdamdamer Platz, all the while discussing where the Zombies were going to emerge... From the black inky canal, from the shadows in the trees, from the seat by the path... We have been watching way too many splatter movies from the internet... We are hard up for entertainment...

Having a tv in the hotel room in Garmisch last week was quite an eye-opener... Even if we were only watching hopefuls in 'The next Uri Gellar' reality tv traincrash... the horror! reality horror!

I Think I would learn the language* much quicker if we had one... But all the dubbing is frustratingly hilarious and distracting... Just think of watching 'The Simpsons' with approximations of vocal character in speedy german, the only one even remotely believable for mine was Moe but I have to admit I found it difficult to watch...

Anyway, we have been dosing up again on David Attenborough documentaries, on the Ocean, and on the Jungle... SO GOOD... So amazing... Birds of Paradise and time lapse footage of insects being taken over by species specific parasitic mushrooms, making me wonder what the parasites have developed for us, but I'll stop that line of thought right there as you all know I'm incredibly weak stomached and overactive in the imagination department...

Anyway, the world IS an amazing place...
I miss you SBS!

*Is Ad language better or worse than no language?

5 comments:

Ben.H said...

Uri Geller has a TV show? Holy poo I need to see this.

dell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dell said...

just search the next uri Gellar on youtube... There was a man of the dark arts called Raven if I remember correctly...

sublime-ation said...

I love The Simpsons in German.

SBS keeps me sane. Last night on SBS was a French doco about rats, and they strapped them up to computers and could see their emotions, they are happy/sad and have primitive laughter. Then they did the same thing to humans.

It was pretty cool.

pen said...

seek out 'Dexter' my pretties
serial killing is the new 'Deadwood'
the bestest credit sequence ever
pxx