4/25/08

youch

I am feeling why it's not a good idea to start drinking beer at 2 in the afternoon, when it is light until ten....
Now I have a cold glass of SCHWIP SCHWAP, which is also probably not a good idea since despite it's catchy name it tastes of bad cola and maybe an orange flavour tablet or sachet (TANG!) and is vaguely cloudy looking.

And I have some kunstschmertzen, after visiting the Neue National Gallery yesterday for the biennale. It's a handsome giant glass cube. The outside is strewn with coloured flags, I was already charmed... Inside, was kind of disappointing, on a piece by piece basis I wasn't that into it, but as a whole, a series of ephemeral pleasures, the spaces between the art were evocative and interesting, sometimes only because of the people walking around the pieces...

Big glassy spaces are hard to pin down, and despite my essential un-feeling towards any single piece, I actually loved the experience of the thing as a whole. That may be more about the architecture than anything. I liked the dirtied up window, and the recordings of disappearing and extinct languages. Anyways, here are some snippets from my day...






No comments: