11/30/09

Sydney

Smelt of Frangipanis, Jacaranda and Gardenias on Friday. All smells that remind me of Qld. By Sunday, after two days of sweltering 34 degrees it smelt of dust and smoke.

I had a nice time. I saw some art. I grumbled about humidity. I looked in fancy shops and oohed and aahed over those water views. I ate icecream and marveled at overwhelming amounts of Lycra and cheesecloth. Oh Sydney, you so BEACHY. And just like at the beach I am totally out of sorts. Covered in sunscreen, hiding under a towel with my hair blowing in my face and sand in my togs wondering how other people seem so relaxed.

I went to the opening of Del Kathryn Barton's new show 'The Stars Eat Your Body' at Kaliman Gallery. Lovely to see a crowd peppered with my favourite Romance Was Born prints, mostly draped over gorgeous little children. The paintings themselves are incredible in their colours and their details and their excess. A giant wall of painting. A giant cock. Snakes, birds and hollow-eyed waifs. And possibly my favourite this middle bearded man. Again there are better pictures on their website.


No comments: