1/22/13

2013

Now that January is more than half over, I'm here. I have been struggling to find time or inclination to write anything, but I am – A couple of belated resolutions.

It's going to be a big year, we'll try to keep Sundays sacred. I have a bad habit of working everyday and getting stressed.  Viva the day of rest!

Cutting back on consumption, growing more food, eating healthier and feeling better, and making better decisions all the time. Bushfires burning, floods, famine... I feel very lucky to live in the bubble I do live in, we shouldn't take it for granted. I hope it's not only me who is horrified by Australia's top position on the global scale of per capita carbon emissions.
In apparent opposition to that, I must also get my drivers license. That doesn't mean I don't intend to ride everywhere I can. I do. It's just about time.

Fight creeping conservatism in day to day life instead of silently despairing. I am sick of so-called innocuous rascist/sexist comments and attitudes, in the media and in day to day life. Don't be dumb.

On that note, I turned off facebook. I have always objected to their policies and pretty much anything I ever read about the company and it's practices but kept using it to keep in touch with people. But the proliferation and normalisation of stupidity across such an easy medium depresses me no end. I would like to keep in touch with people, so you know, feel free to email me.

Ok, that's that - sorry. I have some exciting projects in action and in planning. I am trying not to freak out about having lot's of work lined up, it's a good thing! Workshops, exhibitions, weddings, all good. I hope it is for you too.

No comments: